Tuesday 29 April 2008

Hospital Today

Thought I'd better write about today's hospital visit, before I forget what's what..

Saw Dr P, who informed my that my bilirubin levels are almost back to normal now. Normal is 4-22. Mine's 24. Which, considering it was 250, at in January, is good!
We don;t know if it's because of the stent, or if the chemo's shrunk the tumours, so reduced the obstruction in my bile ducts. I suppose it's likely to be a combination of both.

While my bilirubin's gone down, other liver function results have gone up a bit, which could be cause for concern.
It could mean the capecitabine's not working as well anymore. Or it could be something else that's affecting it.
It's not great that they've gone up anyway. Liver scan's been ordered.

Over the past month or so, I've been having pain in my shoulder too. We know there are bone mets there, so it's likely that they're worsening too.
I'll be having a few blasts of radiation on my shoulder, to hopefully help with the pain.

Dr P's also referring me back to Nottingham City Hospital, now we know the Lapatinib/Tykerb trial's still open (for now). I just hope I'm still eligible for it, and I manage to get there before the trial closes.
While I was there, I got my prescription for cycle 6 of capeciatbine/Xeloda.

Not much else to report today.. I'm tired from hanging around the hospital all day.
Dr P was running behind, which I never mind, because I know he doesn't rush his patients. He always has plenty of time for us.
Then I had my zometa infusion. They found veins to take blood, and for the zometa, first time, which is quite unusual for me!

8 comments:

MH72 said...

Hi Dee, just wanna say hello - don't know what else to say :-) But wanted you to know that I (even though I am an stranger!) am thinking of you....

Anonymous said...

Glad about the bilirubin levels but a bummer about the liver function tests. Hope you don't have to wait too long for scan and result. You have sounded so much brighter of late so hope you can get on the trial and it works for you. Kate

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee, so glad things are a bit brighter at the moment. Alfie is lovely and as for the harp.......you continue to astound me! Baldeagle.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee,
Just letting you know I'm thinking of you and sending you a massive cyber hug
Love n Hugs
Wings xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Dee.. sooo glad to see you back offering your readings!!
Good for you!
Your new look Funky Banana page is looks great!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee
Just wanted to let you know that i was thinking of you as i often do. So glad to hear that your bilirubin levels have come down. HOpe that you are able to get into the tykerb trial.
You do sound like you are feeling a bit stronger lately. Do hope that you are able to get out and do some of the things you love to do.
Sending you loads of hugs across the miles.
karen2

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee
It is me again. I forgot to say in my last post to you that i hope you are well enough to go and see the Sex in the City movie. I know how much you love the show and love New York City. Really hope you are up to going to see it. Heard from Daisypink tonight and she went to the opening night show. She said it was absolutely brill.
sending you loads of hugs across the miles
karen2

Anonymous said...

Hello... My second posting for this comment too.. keep popping back to see how you're doing and if you are on the trial? if so, how is it all going?

Think of you often
x